Tuesday, September 22, 2009


TWD: Cottage Cheese Pufflets

Pretty cute and they didn’t last long, always a sign that they taste good. The dough was very soft and sticky and needed chilling between each step. Other than that, they were a breeze to make. After seeing what other bakers did to improve the sticky dough situation, next time I will drain my cottage cheese prior to making the dough. Also, I noticed that if I over filled the pufflets, they leaked the filling all over the pan.  On those that I filled less full the sides didn't split , they puffed higher and they actually had more filling in the final pufflet.


If you want the recipe for these tasty  little pastries, pay a visit to Jacque of Daisy Lane Cakes  or buy Dorie’s cookbook, Baking- From My House To Yours.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]