While visiting over at Dragon’s Kitchen http://dragonskitchen.blogspot.com/ I ran across this recipe for Lemon Blueberry Cake. It was so completely different from my previous lemon blueberry cake that I decided to give it a try.
This cake disappeared almost as fast as the last one. I am lucky this time; they saved me a piece to photograph the next morning.
Recipe by Dragon
2 ¾ cup of flour
1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
¼ teaspoon of baking soda
¼ teaspoon of salt
1 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature
1 ¾ cup of sugar
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of lemon zest
1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 cup of buttermilk
½ cup sour cream
1 ½ cups of blueberries tossed in 1 tablespoon of flour
1/2 blueberries for garnish
1 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar
4 teaspoons of lemon juice
3 teaspoons of limoncello (or replace this with 3 teaspoons of lemon juice)
1 tablespoon of maple syrup (or corn syrup)
Lemon zest for garnish (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350. Butter and flour a 12 inch bundt pan.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In another large bowl, beat butter until smooth. Add sugar and beat for 2 to 3 minutes until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition. Add sour cream, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla and beat until combined.
4. Beat in flour in 3 additions, alternating with the buttermilk. Beat for 2 minutes on medium-high. Fold in blueberries. Spoon into prepared pan.
5. Bake at 350 for 50 – 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Run a sharp knife around the edges of the pan. Turn out and cool completely.
6. For the glaze, in a small bowl, mix together confectioner’s sugar, lemon juice, limoncello and syrup until smooth. Drizzle over the top of the cake and let it roll down the sides.