- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 oz. cold butter
- 1 oz. cold shortening
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 to 1 1/2 pound fresh ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and thickly sliced.
1. In the food processor, using metal blade, process 1 1/4 cups of flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, butter and shortening until crumbly. Add two tablespoon sour cream and let machine run until the dough forms a ball.
2. Press dough into a tart pan. Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool while making the filing.
Reduce oven temperature to 350F.
3. In food processor using metal blade, process the egg yolks, 1/3 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup flour, sugar and 1/4 tsp. salt for 5 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and process about 10 seconds.
4. Pour 2/3 of custard mixture into prepared crust. Arrange the peaches on top of the crust. Pour remaining custard over the peaches.
5.Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until custard is set and top is lightly browned.
Add sour cream and pulse to form ball of dough.
Press into 9 inch tart pan . Bake @ 375F. for 20 minutes.
Mix remaining flour, sugar,sour cream and egg yolks in bowl of food processor, pulse.
Top with sliced peaches.
Bake @ 375F. for 40-50 minutes. Cool and eat!