Tuesday, April 20, 2010

TWD:Sweet Cream Biscuits

Sweet Cream Biscuits



This week's recipe Sweet Cream Biscuits was chosen by Melissa of Love At First Bite. I have a tried and true biscuit recipe, but I am always willing to try another variation of something I love, and everyone was glad I made these. The crusty outside was perfectly balanced by the creamy interior and the slightly sweet flavor was a nice change from everyday butter biscuits. For such a rich biscuit, they were suprisingly light and fluffy.


We had these for breakfast, which I think is the perfect time to serve them. They were really easy to throw together and were excellent with a little butter and jam or as a side to some bacon and eggs. I still love my standby buttery drop biscuit recipe, but I will definitely make these again when I am in the mood for a sweet and easy way to start the day.


Thank You Melissa for a great pick this week.  If you want to see the success of the other TWD bakers, check our blogroll.