Tuesday, February 16, 2010

TWD: My Best Chocolate Chip Cookie




This week,  Kait of Kait's Plate selected My Best Chocolate Chip Cookies. Chocolate chip cookies have  several of different camps: thin and crisp, thin and chewy, cakey, and thick and chewy.  My cookies had great flavor, lots butter and brown sugar, they were chewy, but were to thin. These cookies seemed malnourished, with chips sticking out all over the place.  I like my chocolate chip cookies thick enough to hide the chips, crisp on the edge and chewy in the center. 


However, even in my own family opinions differ vastly, my son and his friend loved these cookies. In fact Boy Mimi made a second batch the next day. He wanted them crispier so he added 1/4 cup more flour and baked them a few minutes longer and his cookies were thin and crispy
 

While not my favorite chocolate chip cookie, with a glass of milk, these cookies were tasty.  If you want to see what all the fuss is about and  bake these chewy chocolate chip cookies visit Kait for the recipe or pick up a copy of Dorie's book Baking: From  My Home To Yours.  To see what the other bakers cooked up visit the TWD blog roll.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]